Dual Degree Admissions
With successful B.Tech programs on offer, IIITDM Kancheepuram introduces five Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) programs from 2014 onwards.
How to Apply?
The mode of admission is based on the JEE (Main)1 and Plus-2 Normalized Score. The seat allotment2 to the B.Tech programmes is based on All India Rank published by CBSE. Admission is based only on All India Rank (AIR). State Rank is not Considered for admission into IIITs.
The admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) / Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) is through Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA)3.
List Of Programmes
- B. Tech - Computer Science and Engineering + M. Tech - Computer Science and Engineering (Spl: Systems Design)
- B. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering + M. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Spl: VLSI Design)
- B. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering + M. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Spl: Communication Systems Design)
- B. Tech - Mechanical Engineering + M. Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Spl: Product Design)
- B. Tech - Mechanical Engineering + M. Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Spl: Advanced Manufacturing)
Last Year Closing Ranks
|Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank|
Admission is based only on All India Ranks (AIR). State Rank is not Considered for admission into IIITs.
Prospective undergraduate students can avail scholarships / financial assistance based on merit and parental income levels. IIITDM Kancheepuram is awarding the following scholarships:
- SC/ST Scholarship
SC/ST students admitted to undergraduate programme whose parental income is less than Rs. 4.5 lakhs are eligible for Scholarship. Awarded students receive a concession of mess charges, a pocket allowance of Rs. 250 per month and exemption from payment of hostel seat rent and tuition fees.
Application for SC/ST scholarships - Click Here
- Top Class Education Scholarship for SC/ST Students
Ten fresh slots have been allotted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for the SC students and Ministry of tribal Affairs for ST students under top class education scholarship schemes. Top Class Education Scholarship is sanctioned to SC/ST students admitted to B.Tech programme whose parental income is less than Rs. 4.5 lakhs p.a.Benefits under this scheme:
Lodging & boarding charges at the rate of Rs. 2,220 per month per student or the actuals whichever is less.
Books and stationery at the rate of Rs. 3000 per annum per student or the actuals whichever is less.
A latest computer system with all the necessary accessories like UPS, Printer, Multi-media etc. limited to Rs. 45,000 per student for the entire course of study.
- Scholarships for Differently Abled Students
1500 scholarships are annually distributed/awarded by National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation4. Corporation works under the auspices of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
1 For further details on JEE (Main), please visit: JEE Main Website
2 For further details on AIR and Seat Allocation, please visit: JoSAA Website
3 Refer DASA Website
4 Refer http://www.nhfdc.nic.in